I am here to talk about my favorite Nintendo consoles of 2022. compared to what I think in 2008. my favorites have changed a lot throughout the years. I will also talk about handhelds as well and think how nice they are.
8. Wii U - It was a good console at its time, but there aren't really too much games I have played on the console. the games I remember playing well is Splatoon, and Metroid Prime: Hunters (Virtual Console). this is the lowest rating due to not many games it supports.
7. Game Boy/Color (Handheld) - My first handheld I have owned, played it for Pokemon, and other 90s games. it was a good handheld. but not my favorite.
6. Game Boy Advance (Handheld) - My most favorite Game Boy Console out there. especially the way the GBA was designed for gaming. the games I have enjoyed the most is Metroid: Zero Mission/Fusion and Pokemon R/S/E. one of the second to earliest games to enjoy my favorite characters.
5. Nintendo 64 - I enjoyed it for the most of the games I have played. I loved the green design and its colors alongside the image. games like SW: Episode 1 Racer, Rogue Squadron and Pokemon Stadium 2 are enjoyable to look back at.
4. Nintendo DS & 3DS (Handheld) - My
most favorite handheld(s) of all time. I have played tons of games I
had enjoyed during my younger years around the late 2000s. definitely
with Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire, Metroid Prime: Pinball,
Metroid: Samus Returns and even the Animal Crossing games too.
3. Nintendo Wii - It's my third to most favorite console mostly due to the fact of the motion consoles and exercises with games like Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy, Wii Sports and Mario Kart Wii. It was a very clever way to move while standing up and aiming from the sensor bar, before the "Gyro Controls" were a thing. my most favorite game is Metroid Prime Trilogy. and it was a very relaxing experience with the Virtual Console.
2. Nintendo Switch (Hybrid) - The reason why the Switch is my number #2 most favorite console of all time is mostly down to ports. and the portability of the Hybrid. I bought a lot of games to get on the switch especially ones like Minecraft, Ori: The Collection, Pokemon, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and even... Cave Story! I loved the widescreen support regarding that... I also really like the fact that Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer was ported to the switch as well and when I got back to the game. the controls were much better and comfier than the N64. and I manage to play faster in the game. and the Last game has to be my recent close favorite is Metroid Dread. I finished it for what it is. and it's a great game as I mentioned. It was probably the most hardest Metroid game I encountered though.
1. Nintendo GameCube - I had the most nostalgia with this console. mostly due to my very first GameCube I got when I first owned a GameCube. which is Metroid Prime 1 + Metroid Prime 2: Demo Bonus Disc. it was really the reason why I got into Metroid in the first place as well. a year later after the GameCube. I played a very underrated game called Pokemon Channel. and when I played it on day 1. I saw a Pokemon of mine that got my interested in the Latis. I saw Latios and luckly I got a question right when I have first encountered Latios. however Latias was more difficult to get mainly due to Slowpoke being irritating. so I had literally. look up a walkthrough just to get my most favorite Pokemon: Latias. (Ironically... I did see the Pokemon M05 Poster in 2003. But I didn't know much about the 2's names. because I was watching a different at the time. but 2 years later I did get into the Eons!) that is the biggest reason why I got into the GameCube in the first place. it was a very enjoyable experience from 2004-2007.
I
enjoyed most of the Platforms mentioned from Nintendo, and Nintendo
games are not the only thing I enjoy. I enjoy other companies too
especially Microsoft games. Hard to believe I have gotten this far.