Saturday, April 2, 2022

Things I've done During Break, Windows 11 Thoughts | April 2, 2022

So since late February, I had to take a break because I wasn't feeling well. though I have given myself time to think about what to do within the following month. and I'll explain in further detail. In the 2nd month of the year, I have been pretty busy working on some projects of a 4-week video of exploring a Trax station for free offered by UTA. it was pretty fun to explore. though the 4th week was a very, very different approach. so Instead I have worked on something with rain and see what the weather looks like at the time. it was unique for the season.


The second thing, within that month, as I was learning how to make Portable Apps in the safest way possible for certain programs for my use only. I learned how to change the way the files and folders move from APPDATA to the same directory of the Portable app. it was pretty cool as I made a couple of games and mini-programs portable. it makes the process a whole lot easier because on newer PCs the registry and APPDATA are moves portable. in my view. the best Portable App program I have used is PortableApps (dot) com and it is because of the open-source tools it makes.


Now the third thing I have experienced during the month is I have recently installed Windows 11 on my Gaming Computer. at first, I wasn't sure If I was able to install it. and it turns out my Hardware manufacturer. had a setting off by default in the BIOS. since my computer was made in 2021. it turns out that it does have TPM 2.0 in the hardware. that part wasn't difficult and I pretty much experience no difference in performance that I had in Windows 10. it was pretty easy to install. the big reason why I have upgraded was that my Windows 10 Operating system was so behind on updates. so I either had to reinstall the OS Completely or stick with Windows 11. so I took the Windows 11 route.


otherwise, I do like Windows 10 better, though there are a few issues I am questionable about the operating system, the start menu/taskbar is one, Being forced to use a Microsoft Account, regardless if it's windows 11 home or Pro is another questionable thing. and I have also noticed that I sometimes have to right-click twice to copy and paste or even rename a file. However, I do like the feature that you can have multiple desktops with different wallpapers and themes. now that is a cool feature to note. Overall if I were to give a rating to Windows 11. I'd give it a 7/10, as Windows 10 gets a 9.5/10.
Otherwise, I had some time to at least recover for now. That's all the updates I want to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment