I recently ordered a laptop in 2022. mainly because I had an ASUS Laptop order in 2020 from my stimulus check. and for $300 it was okay at the time, however it got really slow and I have tried using an SSD which did improve a little back then, and now It became slower overtime, mostly due to the hardware and Windows 10.
So I bought a new Laptop for $78 Only for my internet needs like Browsing/Watching videos/Cloud computing, and sometimes uploads. so I went for a Chromebook by HP and used it for more than a week. and I will say it is pretty fast for what it is. the videos play smoothly in 720p 60fps. and gives out nice results. so I have used it on youtube and offline which is great. even if the video is H264, VP9, and AV1.
A couple of downsides I have with the chromebook is the storage is only 16GB. and also sometimes when loading pages in incognito mode or big webpages, it can slow down a little but not at all when it comes to chatting or watching videos. other than that it’s pretty good for my internet needs. my other 2 computers are fine as well and this makes it easier for all my computing experience. also noticed the battery life and without a fan it stays cool. I will say it is much faster than my old laptop. and it’s pretty nice for what it is.