![]() |
| Image Credit from Pexels.com Licensed under Public Domain |
So in the earliest days of my internet activities, my first videos were a *.WMV and in 480p! of based on a game called Space Cadet! and back then HD was barely an option to post on the internet! hence 1080p did exist in 2007! but not for me! but as I did make videos I didn't have a YouTube Account until December of 2008! WMV was a pretty good codec for hundreds of lost videos. and I have been using it a lot all until 2011!
when I wanted to find the recommended settings that's when I started to use H.264! and that preset was pretty much the highest setting to use for YouTube and other sites to get the best quality possible. way before H265/H266 and VP9/AV1 existed! I didn't use the highest bit rates of H264 so my quality on my computer and YouTube were much lower than usual! I didn't like looking at most of the video quality too mainly due to low bitrates and blurry pixelated videos tend to happen with too much motion and that was the case with most of my lost Let's plays on YouTube!
In 2013 I did use another preset that was pretty odd. called Ogg video and that was mainly used in Linux based Operating systems on a program called OpenShot! I have used that program to make videos in HD for some Speedpaints and slideshows since I didn't find any decent programs with multiple layers to support in many video editors on Windows, at least on my end.
however when I used the Ogg video on the computer, later on, to export to h264. the quality was oversharpened and was a mess to compress so I had to screen record to avoid the issue. and this is the codec I don't recommend using to use to avoid this outcome!
Now in 2014, I started to use Handbrake for x264 for my videos, and the overall quality result for the videos is pretty good for the looks, some of my videos that were converted in handbrake ended up being VP9 on YouTube's Servers! Handbrake did solve most of my issues except that YouTube's bitrate didn't really like my 1080p x264 files on the server so in 2017-2018 I went to use 1440p and 4K and then use VP9 to get the best settings.
The way I actually did that was to use a lot of gigs about 2-8GB per video and on the video settings to get the best result. I actually render my videos up to 70MBps to 140MBps. which gives out the best results for most of my lossy videos and does fine for YouTube! which I have been using it until February of this year when my ISP gave me a 90% data Cap used, telling me I had 102GBs left aka 10% to go! so that did concern me at the same time on that month other people I know was using it for something else on their console! However, there was a solution to resolve this at that time!
In March I have found a Cloud OS service called Shadow! and I have been rendering videos on Shadow to get the best results! the bandwidth was through the streaming OS instead of my video Uploads since the big files were being taken care of Shadow instead. and Shadow is a very good Cloud Streaming service for 15$ monthly. if you don't use it for gaming, you can use it for Cloud Transfers or other Resource Hogging Software!
Then some point in July as of This year, I have finally found a solution in order to get the best settings for my 4K videos on YouTube and at a very low file-size! First, I render up to 140MBps on my video editor of choices like HitFilm or Kdenlive, and then I use handbrake again but this time X265 (8 or 10-Bit) at a Constant Quality of 20 and the Audio Size of 512! and once I used x265. my 5 minute 4K Videos were like 300-800MB which saved a lot of space on the Computer and bandwidth for any Data Cap out there. and once it processed on YouTube and to VP9, It looked the exact same as it would be on the 140MB bitrate videos on there own!
Overall Conclusion. if you want the best settings without much quality loss either 1440p or 4K is best as long you render 140MBps first than compress them down to Handbrake's Settings of my preferred Settings (Link Here for Best Handbrake Presets) and if you can, use 10-bit color with x265 to save bandwidth. if not x264 will do you just fine as well. If you have a 1TB data Cap like I do with my ISP it saved a lot of time and space when you finish your video. so you can have more bandwidth for anything else you want!
By DrawingZerios | Kevin (On July 28, 2020)

No comments:
Post a Comment