Thursday, February 13, 2020

What I use Video Codec(s) for All my Videos for | February 13, 2020



So I have been huge into video codecs as of lately for posting my videos and what I post them for! and since there are some codecs I have used on a daily basis. I thought I express what I use the videos for such as RAW Recordings, Rendered Videos, and Backup videos.

RAW Recordings!
this is the first thing I usually have to do when I do make videos! I record videos in AVI or MP4 as I prepare to work on the projects! I usually do this in 3 Ways, If it's a gameplay video such as mine. I use Mirillis Action to record in AVI! since it is a very smooth screen recorder and you can get 60fps in HD! sometimes Lagarith is used if I want it lossless in gaming videos!

The second way I use is still AVI. but Lossless quality such as AVI (Lagarith) or (MP4) with full-color profile with ShareX's APNG feature! that way I keep the quality and colors as high as possible before I render them and download them! then do minor edits in VirtualDub to render it later.

The last way is MP4 Lossy! this is only used for recording videos from my Phone aka Moto G5 Plus since I record in 4K and it saves in MP4 for various reasons. however, it is still good quality for Editing and converting, since the Phone is in 2160p and provides crisp details!

Edited & Rendered Videos

So for video editing, I edit and render videos in a pretty high bitrate and in either 4K or 1440p for YouTube. I actually use a higher bitrate mainly due to keeping the highest quality possible on YouTube! so once it processes to VP9! it gives out a decent result.

The Programs I used to get the highest quality is HitFilm Express or Kdenlive! both are great free programs and you can have multiple layers to get them processed!

Now First HitFilm, a Free Professional video editor that can be used for effects too! I actually use HitFilm Express and render the video in 4K with being 60fps and the profiles as 5.2! and the video bitrate as 60.000 or 70.000! it does do a pretty decent job on the quality only as long you give it a decent size and not too small or too large!
 (Note: I used to do image sequence, but no longer do mainly since it takes a lot of space in the long-term!)

Second is Kdenlive, this video editor is free and open-source, supported on Windows and Linux! though I use it on Windows! as for the layout, it does give out multiple layers like HitFilm does! and it does support various codecs. the only difference is whenever you render the video in Kdenlive is that the quality presets need to be a lower number to get the best results as the higher makes it worse.
 so I make sure the audio is 448 and the video quality preset is down to either 14 minimum or at the highest 6! depending where I want to keep the file size at. YouTube will still process this at a high quality like what HitFilm Express does if you're making a 1440p or 4K video!

At the very most of my videos I render is around 2-6GB to Upload to YouTube!

Completed Videos (For Backup)

The last thing I do after I wait for YouTube to process to VP9 and the file format *.MKV! and I use JDownloader on my own videos to get the videos in either 1440p or 4K! and keep the sizes small. without losing much quality! it is very recommended to get 1440p at least if you want to highest quality details if you have a 1080p Monitor! and I back them up on my External and the Cloud without worrying about Losing Data!

Those are pretty much what I use for making videos and how I can achieve them with Free programs, like GIMP, VirtualDub, HitFilm, Kdenlive! it's worth doing if you have a good PC and likes to have good quality like near lossless!

No comments:

Post a Comment