Monday, February 10, 2020

New Logo & Header - Look Back on How I make Graphics | February 10, 2020

The header of February 2020 (Feb 10, 2020) (Made in GIMP 2.10)
For a while I have always wanted to update my banners to make it more unique, back in the early days I always wanted to make logos, but knowing how photoshop costs money, and I mean a lot. I wanted to figure out how to use an image editor, that isn't MS Paint! it wasn't easy to look for, but one of my earliest online friends recommended me GIMP to make like forum signatures. This image here is one of the earliest images I have made in GIMP back in late 2008/2009!
255Utah Icon (Mar 19, 2009) (Made in GIMP 2.6)
It was the very earliest days I have learned how to use GIMP, in the beginning, GIMP was very hard for me to use, especially making fonts and icons. though I was learning how to use brushes to make simple icons regarding my early graphics. for about 8 months I never have used the Layers feature, so it was very difficult to make icons. because of the complexity in GIMP at the time. so this was the first icon I have made with layers in late 2009/2010!
R255metroidfan's Icons (2009-2010) (Made in GIMP 2.6)
The second step is to make abstract images with brushes, and it was the first time I have learned using blend modes, like Dodge/Overlay! and gradient maps. it took some practice here and there. as I continued to work on the GFX.
R255metroidfan Blend Icon Example (October 20, 2010) (Made in GIMP 2.6)
Next, after that here is another one, I have learned to mask in GIMP!
R255metroidfan Mask Icon Example (July 2011) (Made in GIMP 2.6)
A Year later, I have made some lineless art in GIMP! and the overall results are they look fine, though my biggest issue when making Lineless art in gimp is the Aliasing it produces. I used the paths tool to get the results in since I didn't have a tablet pen or another Art Program to use at the time.
Eon Love Lineless Art (Made in 2011) (Made in GIMP 2.6)
the most difficulty I had is the make Fonts and other logos within the following years, and in GIMP I had some issues trying to make them look unique. so it took trial and error to see if I can get fonts to look professional.
DrawingEnatias Logo GFX Development (Mar 16, 2016) (Made in GIMP 2.8)
this was the start to make the logos look professional in my GFX life, it started out with some textures on the font, but it needed to be improved over time while I work on the logos as I practice!
DrawingZerios First Logo Improvement before Updated to 2020 (Feb 18, 2016) (Made in GIMP 2.8)
That's pretty much how far I have learned using GIMP before I added outlines on my logo to make it pop. It was a very great experienced as I used gimp in the past, and thankfully Photoshop isn't needed for me for my image editing tools. and I am happy that I use GIMP, and video editor like HitFilm Express, and Kdenlive to add my logos to!

No comments:

Post a Comment